Theme: Prepare yourself for the spiritual battles of life, putting on the whole armour of God.
The Set: Medieval times. Turn the puppet stage into a castle. Obtain a suit of armour if possible or make one.
1. The battle zone: we face many spiritual battles in life, we must be prepared. V.10-12
2. Belt of truth: The belt was the first thing a soldier put on. It was very important because it gathered together his
tunic and insured that he could march without restriction. Truth of heart is the foundation of your spiritual armour. Sincerity
in your relationship with Christ is crucial. This relationship is based on doctrinal truth. Truth of heart holds things together
like a belt holds a soldier's tunic together.
3. Helmet of salvation: The helmet safeguards your mind with the hope of salvation. We must be cautious what we fill our
minds with. It is our saving help from the power of sin. (mind your mind video by Carman)
4. Shield of faith: Your faith can see you through...avoid the devil's darts of doubt. It was a very large shield that
protected the whole body.
5. Breast plate of righteousness: Guard your heart with righteousness. To neglect what we know to be righteous action
is to leave a gaping hole in our armour.
6. Shoes of peace: Walk the walk. The soldiers shoes were designed for long hard marches. The shoes give us the ability
to stand firm against the devil. The shoes are also for the readiness to spread the gospel.
7. Sword of the spirit: God's word is our weapon. It is our weapon to cut through defences and prick peoples conscience.
It also helps us to avoid temptation.
8. Radically saved and ready for battle on our knees
A knight in shining armour, a court jester, a beautiful damsel, king, kings cook, and the enemy, etc. Bobo the puppet
and a town crier puppet are also needed.